Monday, July 27, 2009

The importance of wisdom

I heard today that my sister Alyssa went to the doctor to have her 'wisdom' teeth taken out...All four of them. Immediately, I wondered why did she have them taken out? Am I going to have my wisdom teeth taken out too? Here is a picture of my sister Alyssa before and after she had her wisdom teeth removed:















What is wisdom anyway? According to wisdomcenteredlife.org, " We looked through Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations and the Dictionary of Quotations and found a long list of fragments from poems, stories, and other works employing the word ‘wisdom.’ Among the positive qualities mentioned in the same breath as wisdom in these quotations are self-knowledge, kindness, caution, silence, patience, humility, hope, judgment, and knowing the cost of choices that are to be made. What wisdom is not is also of interest. It is not associated with money, power, strength, passion, excess, impulsiveness, or even knowledge. For the most part, agreement exists that wisdom comes with age."

So,does this mean that my sister Alyssa had too much wisdom? Is this why they took the wisdom teeth out? So she could be more balanced like the rest of the persons in my life?

According to the definition, above, my grandpa Daddy must be very wise since he is over 7 (dog) years old! Grandma Rosario must be wise as well! Oh, and by the way ---HAPPY BIRTHDAY, grandpa DADDY!

I hope that as I grow older, I can also become more wise. I know that my little sister dog, Olive, has a log way to go before she becomes wise...then again; she's just a puppy!

1 comment: