Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Ranch

I think I might have mentioned Shadow in the last couple of blogs. Please don't share this with anyone else...It is our secret! Promise? OK.

So, a long time ago when I was a puppy, I used to live with my Mommy Patsy in the city. We lived in an 'apartment' that was connected to a lot of other apartments and there were many persons there. Sometimes, my brother Christy would stay to take a nap, and other times I heard "I am going to sleep at home tonight" When the big fireball in the sky disappeared, Brother Christy would not come and take a nap with us...One day, when Brother said she was going home, she asked Mommy Patsy if 'Howie could come!"

Later in the day, Brother Christy got all the important stuff - my portable doggie-house, my leash, my food and bowl and 'Blue', my favorite toy. She put me in the house and then we got in her car and she started driving. It took a long time but we finally made it. When we got inside, she opened my house's door and there they were! Grandma Rosario and Grandpa Daddy! I had not seen them for a few moons! But I remembered them and I guess they remembered me too, since they started hugging me and playing with me. But then...the best thing happened: They opened a glass door and took me outside. It was the ranch! Such a big place. Trees and grass and flowers everywhere! They called it the back yard. To me, it was the ranch!

Then, I met him for the first time. I was sitting on the grass, just smelling the sweet smells of the ranch when from inside the house this BEAST came running out! MEOW, MEOW. Grandma Rosario had let him out. It was big and ugly and I thought this was no way to treat Howie. Brother Christy had brought me to the ranch to get killed by a BEAST!

But then, my dog super-power kicked in. I didn't know I had it in me. I got up, started barking and chasing the BEAST! He ran to the back of the ranch and in one big leap, he flew to the top of a wall made of wood. I later heard Grandpa Daddy call it a fence. When the BEAST was gone, I ran inside to tell my persons that I scared the Beast. They had all seen me chase him away. They were all laughing and talking about how tough I was in scaring 'Shadow' away...

I then learned that he was a cat. He lived at the ranch house a long time...even before I was born. My Sister Alyssa was his person. I guess it would be a while before I could call the ranch my own.

This is a picture of shadow (I drew it...):

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment