Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saving Shadow!

My Grandma Rosario and my sister Alyssa came home on Monday afternoon. As soon as I heard them turn the corner I quickly ran to the door to say WELCOME and WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU GRANDMA ROSARIO? You see, Grandma Rosario disappeared for 3 days! Mommy Patsy dis tell me that Grandma Rosario and Brother Christy had gone to get Alyssa from college. It must be very far! I figure, it tales one and one-half days to get there, then they get sister Alyssa, then they come home and it takes another day and one-half to get back.

One and one-half, plus one and one-half equals THREE DAYS of driving.

Funny thing is; Grandma Rosario and sister Alyssa came home, but they forgot brother Christy! I wonder who is going to go back and get her ?!?

Anyway, back to my story: After I said hi to sister Alyssa and Grandma Rosario, I spoke (barked) to sister Alyssa to check Shadow, the cat, because something was wrong. You remember Shadow, the evil cat that is always trying to get me...The last couple of days, he has been very quiet and does not even want to play...Something is wrong!

I spoke to Alyssa to check him and make sure that he had not contracted the H1N1 virus that is going around. I heard that people all over the place were getting this virus. Even people as far as Grandpa Daddy lives; and that is very far!

Alyssa picked up Shadow and started looking him over. She found out that he WAS INFECTED! Lucky for Shadow it was not the H1N1, but instead it was a TICK (Ticks are blood-feeding parasites that are often found in tall grass and shrubs where they will wait to attach to a passing host. A tick will attach itself to its host by inserting its chelicerae (cutting mandibles) and hypostome (feeding tube) into the skin. The hypostome is covered with recurved teeth and serves as an anchor. Physical contact is the only method of transportation for ticks. Ticks do not jump or fly, although they may drop from their perch and fall onto a host. Some species stalk the host by foot.) I drew a picture of it so you could see it; here:
As you can see from the definition, above, this little sucker is dangerous. I know. I have had them attack me before too!

Lucky for Shadow I told sister Alyssa; because they immediately rushed him to a Hospital called Sue. I heard Grandma Rosario tell sister Alyssa "let's take him to Sue. They'll know what to do". I guess the doctors there must be really good because they were back in no time at all. I just hope Shadow did not catch a disease from the tick.

Lucky for Shadow they did not give him any medicine to take. When I get sick, the doctor usually gives me medicine to take - I have medicine for my allergies, for my ears, for my eyes, for my foot, for my...

By the way, Olive, my little sister dog was very quiet throughout the whole thing...I am not into conspiracies but I wonder...did she get the tick to jump on Shadow?

No comments:

Post a Comment