Friday, May 29, 2009

Exercising Brother

The other day, I was getting ready for my afternoon walk. Usually, I take Grandma Rosario out for a nice stroll through the neighborhood and sometimes, the park. On this day, however, Grandma was busy and could not go out of the house. I got myself ready for a nice afternoon nap instead.
Then, I heard sister Alyssa say that she was taking Olive out of the house for a visit to her friend, Allison. This is a picture I drew of sister Alyssa:
WHAT? Olive was going out and I wasn't? how could this be? Sister Alyssa was taking Olive instead of me? I was going to show her!

I spoke (barked) at brother Christy and told her to get ready. I was going to take brother out for a good exercise walk (and hopefully make OLIVE jealous. I hoped she would learn her lesson.) this is a picture I drew of brother Christy...

Brother Christy got the leash and tied her hand and my harness together (this way she could not get lost). We headed out the door...I did not expect what happened next.

Now, it is well known that when dogs walk their person, we have to be very careful as to where we walk, so...we have to sniff everything that we run into to make sure that the path is safe. This means we smell the light posts, fire hydrants and trees along the way. We also have to make sure we mark these items so that other dogs know whether the trail is safe or not. We mark the spots by peeing on them...Well, guess what?!?

Brother Christy did not appreciate my stopping every few feet to ensure the safety of the trail. She thought I was wasting time! Can you believe it? I dragged her along anyway and got her to exercise really good. I took her by the school where all the kids go to learn. Then, I walked her to the park where all the kids go to play - I sometimes go there with Grandma Rosario and Mommy Patsy and I also get on the swings...weeee! it is fun to swing!

Something embarrasing hapenned: When we were near the school, I had to go. #2. Hey, it happens to the best of us. Luckily, Brother Christy had a little bag and she had to carry IT all they way to the trash can! Ha Ha Ha!

After a good amount of walking and running, I knew that Brother was getting tired so I started heading back toward the house. When we were crossing the school yard, a man saw me 'pulling' brother and he said "Who's walking who?" I don't exactly know what he meant but he could clearly see that I was walking brother...I was in the lead like any good PACK LEADER! What a funny old man.

Then, brother Christy talked on the liitle black box that rings and she said: "Yeah, O.K. we are on our way back...blah,blah,blah..." As soon as we turned the corner, I saw Olive! She and sister Alyssa were in a different house than Grandma Rosario's. Alyssa was talking to a funny girl with RED hair. And Olive was playing in the grass.

When we got there, Olive said that they had a nice visit and that Allison had offered them water -how polite. Olive also said that she had been invited back because she behaved. Just then, we were getting ready to play in the grass when Brother Christy said "Yeah, OK, I will take them home." I guess sister Alyssa and her friend Allison were going to buy stuff at a 'store' -whatever that means...

Olive and I started playing around but brother Christy did not want to play. She wanted to go home! I guess my taking her on a walk had made her tired - and grumpy. So, instead of letting Olive and I mess around on the grass, she picked us up; one under each arm, and took us all the way home. Olive and I made believe that we were loaves of bread. She was Wheat and I was Pumpernickel! How fun, ha ha ha.

I was kind-a glad that we went home because I was getting thirsty. As soon as brother Christy opened the door, I ran inside - with Olive right behind me...and headed right for the water bowl. It was tasty! I also noticed that brother Christy was also thirsty beacuse she ran to the big box that makes water and ice and she also had a big tall glass of water!

It is healthy to drink lots of water every day. That is what Mommy Patsy always says...

Anyway, I hope you like my story. I hope that I can train brother Christy and sister Alyssa to go on walks. Exercise is also good for you. That is what Mommy Patsy always says...

Woof. xxxxxxxxxxxx.Woof. ooooooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment