Thursday, June 4, 2009

Carnivores, Omnivores and Vegans

Guess what I've learned...NOPE! Try again... NOPE!...You give up?

O.K. I'll tell you. I learned that there are three kinds of eaters: Carnivores, Omnivores and Vegans. I am an omnivore 'cause I eat meat (Duck) and Veggies (potatoes). You see, ever since I was a baby, Mommy Patsy has fed me the most delicious food. These little pellets that are made up of duck and potatoes! YUMM.

But I also eat other stuff. Especially when Grandpa Daddy comes to visit. He always makes brown meat and white meat and flaky meat (fish) on the firebox in the back of the house. Then, he lets me taste it and I tell him if it is ready or not. Sometimes I eat fruit from the trees in the back of the ranch. Other times I even eat vegetables too. So I am an OMNIVORE. By the way, my persons are all omnivores also. I guess most people are.

Then there are the carnivores, like Shadow. He is a carnivore alright!
One day, Mommy Patsy was getting ready to let me and my little sister dog, Olive go out and play in the back of the house. She opened the big glass door and we started to run outside. Mommy Patsy was on our tail - No, she was not stepping on our tail, she was following us!

My little sister Olive was the first one on the grass. She was headed right for Shadow, the evil cat. He was sitting there, hunched over facing the house on the other side of the ranch. Then, Mommy Patsy yelled at her to STOP! Olive heard the scream and she did STOP!

Then, she heard Mommy Patsy say "What is he (Shadow) doing?" Right as Mommy Patsy was finishing her sentence, Shadow turned his head to see what was the matter and we all stood there, mouths wide open. We wondered if what we saw could be true...I have drawn a picture so you can also see and wonder...Yep. He was having lunch! Pigeon, I think...The smile on his face said - delicious!

Mommy Patsy got all upset and made everybody -except Shadow - go inside. She could not bear. Sister Alyssa could not bear. My little sister dog Olive could not bear. I could not bear.

Later in the afternoon, I cam up to Shadow as he was taking a nap under one of the trees in the back of the ranch and asked him what we saw. That's when he told me about carnivores and omnivores and vegans...

Carnivores eat meat (like Shadow). Omnivores eat everything (like me) and vegans...They are aliens from the planet Vega. At least, that's what Shadow says...

No comments:

Post a Comment