Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Importance of a Good Nap

Everyone should do it. It is very good for you. I do it, My little sister dog Olive does it, Shadow the cat does it, even Grandpa Daddy does it. This is a picture I drew of shadow napping:
The other day I heard Grandma Rosario speak into the little black box: "You took a nap? I am jealous." She was talking to Grandpa Daddy. I learned later that on Sundays, Grandpa Daddy goes to Church, then he goes to buy very special and tasty mexican bread. I think I ate some of this one time...Then, Grandpa Daddy will watch some t.v., and that is where he takes a little nap.

Shadow, Olive and I take naps all the time. Usually one in the morning (after breakfast), then one when all the children Grandma Rosario takes care of take their own nap (just after lunch), and then another just before Mommy Patsy gets home from work. Here is a picture I drew of Olive taking her nap:

In many countries, people take naps in the afternoon. They call it 'siesta' time. I did some research and found out that:

1.The desire to nap is a trait shared by many mammals
2.N
apping is still an important part of the day in some countries
3.
A 20-minute nap can sharpen your senses and revitalize you
4.
A ten minute nap can leave you feeling more cheerful
5.Falling into a light sleep during the daytime can feel meditative

So, nap away friends. It is good for you. Just make sure that when you wake up, you remember that it is afternoon, not morning...Also, it's the same day before you took the nap, not the day after. It is embarrassing when you wake up and don't remember...know what I mean?

Time for my nap. Circle, circle, circle...lay down.

1 comment: